Sunday, August 14, 2011

A little late....But this is how it happened



Well as most of you know
I'M ENGAGED!!
Seriously I couldn't be happier!
I have waited A LONG TIME FOR THIS!!
and finally I can marry my best friend!
So here is the story of how he asked me.....fair warning its kinda long....
Well to start off let me give you a little back ground info.....
Way back in the 8th grade we went to classic skating with our ward for YM and YW. That's where we first held hands and the next day he "asked me out." hahaha!
So on Friday night he text me and said wanna go on a date with someone. I was a little confused and text back and said If that someone is you than yes. All he said was luckily for you, it is me. He then proceeded to tell me that we were going to wingers for dinner but be ready at 2 for our date...So Saturday rolls around and he went to ER because there was something wrong with his foot. so he finally comes and picks me up and we head to Ogden. There was one rule givin "no asking questions" So we go to Ogden and he just looks really confused and I ask him what he is looking for.. "no questions!" So I sit back and watch him panic. He then tells me well classic skating used to be here, but now its not. But he made me tell him why it was significant, and I gave a smart answer like "its where you first knew you loved me" haha. As of right now he is kinda starting to panic and I am laughing really really hard.
"plan 2" he tells me. We head to Nickel Cade, I guess we went there before he left on his mission..I don't really recall this but hey it was fun/funny and I wont complain. After we have spent all our nickels we take our tickets and all I wanted was candy with them of course. So he got some silly glasses and I got tootsie rolls. **side note he kept calling/texting his mom so I kinda knew something was up.**
We are now headed home and we are driving up 1100 south and he says do you need to use the bathroom? haha...no.... But he apparently does. Remember we were supposed to go to wingers for dinner? But he pulls of into Chevron to use the bathroom.. aka go call his mom...so the adventure continues, and we head up the canyon.
"I thought we were going to Wingers"
"No questions"..pause.... "I didn't tell you which Wingers"
Then I'm annoyed because I was hungry and there was a perfectly good Wingers a mile back but whatever. We head up the canyon and he pulls off in Mantua then into the campground. He looks even more confused now than he did in Ogden so I crack a joke like "are ya still looking for Classic Skating?" funny right? He didnt think so...so he stops and I was pretty sure I just saw his dad drive away, but didnt say anything. We get out and there was a chinese food candle light dinner set up for us! YUM!! Once dinner was over I was kinda getting nervous for some reason. I was pretty sure he was asking me and I dunno I just had butterflies.
**side note, For prom our Junior year he asked me with fortune cookies**
So he opens his fortune cookie and then hands me mine...I open it "Will you marry me"
So I turned and looked at him and he was down on one knee and asked me and I said
"OF COURSE!!!!"
He is so darn cute I can barely stand it! I am the luckiest girl in the world I tell ya!
We are getting married December 17th in the St. George Temple! We are both SO excited about that. We talked about getting married there all the time our first year of college but then I was nervous about how hard it would be for everyone to get down here. OH WELL! We are doing it and I am beyond ecstatic!

My ring is beautiful! I love it!


he is so relieved it was over! He was so nervous, like I was gonna say no or something

I can't wait for all the adventures we will have babe! I love you so much and you mean the world to me!

3 comments:

Tori said...

so glad to finally hear the story! and people who get married in St. George ROCK!! just sayin... :) so happy for you

Zane and Cami said...

So happy for you! And so glad you are getting married in the temple you want to, instead of just being convenient for everyone else. The ones that matter most will be there and the st George temple is stunning!

ApRil & Heath said...

CONGRATS Tor! Has school started yet? We started on Monday, it is pretty intense. So excited for you! xooxox